38 Marais is based in Pretoria and offers:
- 16 individual private suites for short-term and long-term stays
- Business conveniences, including high-speed internet and a workspace in every suite
- Easy access to the city centre and major Pretoria hub
- Onsite shared bicycles for commuting
- An electric vehicle (EV) for shuttle services
- A 10-seater boardroom available for hire
- A 10-seater dining room available for hire
- A sustainable and tranquil experience with net-zero carbon dioxide outlay
The 5 elements of net-zero living at 38 Marais
- Clean and sustainable water: We harvest and treat rainwater for reuse, offer onsite-purified drinking water, use borehole water (instead of municipal water) and feed irrigation overflow back into the system via our landscaped wetland. We also monitor and audit our water usage and use water-saving sanitary ware and appliances. All of this helps us to minimise our water footprint and ensure not a drop is wasted.
- Sustainable energy: 38 Marais relies on solar energy and battery banks (tied to the grid in case it’s necessary). We use tested low-energy light fittings, water heating and appliances, and monitor and audit our energy consumption to ensure continuous improvement.
- Healthy and environmentally-aware food: Landscaping at 38 Marais is designed for functionality. The gardens include edible elements and greenhouses, which contribute to the boutique hotel’s self-sustainability. Each suite also offers a degree of self-catering functionality. Healthy and high-quality catering is also available onsite.
- Personal security: 38 Marais offers a state-of-the art secured perimeter solution and early detection technology to ensure our guests are safe and secure at all times.
- Mobility: 38 Marais is close to Brooklyn Mall, various embassies, the University of Pretoria, Loftes Versveld rugby stadium and the Gautrain bus routes. Centrally located for access to the city centre and major highways. An electric vehicle (EV) and charging station are available onsite to provide shuttle services, as well as shared Qhubeka Bicycles for guests commuting within the neighbourhood.